Monday, May 6, 2013

First semester jitters/problems

I began my new chapter of my career this past July when I began working for USD 439. Right away I knew there would be challenges, learning curves, and wonderful experiences. Needless to say I found several of each. A few of my favorites and least favorites are below:

Favorite Challenges
Getting laptops distributed quickly
Learning Apple software
Getting approval for new web filter

Least Favorite Challenges
Fighting firmware issues
Fighting bad switch/switches


Favorite Learning Curves
Apple Remote Desktop
Ubquiti Access points
Security Camera software

Least Favorite Learning Curves
Talk can be misconstrued/misunderstood
Patience

Wonderful experiences
Feeling like part of a "team"
Feeling like working a "big city" job in a "small town setting"
Learning from my mistakes
Having my contract renewed for the 2013-2014 school year

No comments:

Post a Comment